Recipe by londongavchick
This recipe was adapted from a Wild Oats recipe. I substitute egg whites and non-fat vanilla soymilk for the eggs and buttermilk and agave nectar for honey. I also scaled the recipe down for 2 large hearty pancakes. These are thick and oatmealy but they remind me an oatmeal cookie.
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄8 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat soymilk (I use vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or honey)
- 2⁄3 cup pasteurized liquid egg-whites or 2⁄3 cup egg substitute
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oats, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, lemon juice and buttermilk together.
- Mix in agave nectar, vanilla and eggs.
- Heat nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat, sprayed with nonstick spray. .
- Spoon batter onto skillet, making 4-inch diameter round pancakes.
- Cook until edges begin to brown, and bubbles appear in the middle of the pancake. Flip and cook for about one minute longer on the second side.