Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is sweeter than most chili, but quite tasty and very filling. You can use a 16 oz can of baked beans in place of the pinto beans & brown sugar if you prefer. You can also use canned chicken breast, more beans, a can of drained corn...whatever...it's a pretty forgiving recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- In a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and bake 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender and no pink remains.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake 5 minutes more.
Tasty meal, I used the tin of baked beans and added some frozen corn I had as suggested, I also browned the chicken prior to putting in casserole dish for personal preferances.