Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from a Martha Stewart magazine that I have altered for a low-fat diet.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- Whisk dry and wet ingredients separately.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry
- Spray nonstick pan with olive oil spray.
- Pour in 1/3 cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes about three minutes per side.
- Serve with butter and syrup.