I use a 1200 watt microwave to make this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and chopped (I use Kent, any type will be fine)
- 1 kumara, peeled & chopped (orange sweet potato)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (or nutmeg instead)
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1Cook potatoes, onion & garlic in a little chicken stock for 10 mins on full power in microwave.
- 2Add pumpkin & kumara and cook another 10 mins on full power.
- 3Add stock and curry powder and cook further 10 mins on full power.
- 4Puree soup using a stick blender or food processor, add milk and reheat.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Pumpkin and Double Potato Soup in Microwave
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.7
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 4.7 mg
- Sodium 213.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 10.4 g