Recipe by weekend cooker
unique recipe with mariana sauce, mushrooms, basil,turns a usual meatloaf into something special.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup italian style seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a 12 inch pizza pan with cooking spray, and place it on a large baking sheet with sides.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and basil. Cook stirring until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Combine beef, garlic, breadcrumbs, milk, and salt in a large bowl, and mix well.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a prepared pan.
- With dampened hands, pat into a 10 inch circle.
- Top with marinara sauce, and spoon the vegetable mixture over the sauce, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until the meat is browned and the cheese is melted, approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Drain off fat, cut into wedges, and serve.