weekend cooker's Note:
unique recipe with mariana sauce, mushrooms, basil,turns a usual meatloaf into something special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup italian style seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Coat a 12 inch pizza pan with cooking spray, and place it on a large baking sheet with sides.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and basil. Cook stirring until softened, about 10 minutes.
- 4Combine beef, garlic, breadcrumbs, milk, and salt in a large bowl, and mix well.
- 5Transfer the meat mixture to a prepared pan.
- 6With dampened hands, pat into a 10 inch circle.
- 7Top with marinara sauce, and spoon the vegetable mixture over the sauce, then sprinkle with cheese.
- 8Bake until the meat is browned and the cheese is melted, approximately 20-30 minutes.
- 9Drain off fat, cut into wedges, and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Pizza Style Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.2
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 316.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 18.9 g