Recipe by ladypit
We went peach picking and got a ton. Here is a recipe I tried, with a little tweaking, from fatfree.com. This has a little bite, but we really enjoyed it. You could top it with pound cake croutons for a really decadent treat! You want to come up with 4 cups of diced peaches. The original recipe called for 12 peaches, but I found that to be way too many for 4 cups. Use the size of your peaches as your guide. Cook time is chill time. I added the splenda because I did not feel it was sweet enough. Feel free to adjust that to your taste.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Enjoyed the way you put together the 'cream' in this recipe, & the addition of the Splenda was just right for me! Did use a rounded 4 cup measure of diced peaches, but everything else was as listed! GREAT, GREAT TASTING SOUP! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC cooking game]
- 8 medium sized peaches
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chunk the peaches. (I put mine in boiling water briefly to make removing the skins easier.).
- In a blender, blend 1 1/2 cups of peaches with 3/4 cup of the cold water, both tablespoons of honey, the juice of that 1/2 lemon, and 1/2 cup of the yogurt. Blend it well and put it in a pitcher or bowl.
- Now add to the blender another 1 1/2 cup of the peaches, the cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla, and the remaining 1/2 cup yogurt. Blend well.
- Add to the first mix already in the pitcher or bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of peach chunks to the bowl or pitcher along with the splenda.
- Blend with a spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.