Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
We went peach picking and got a ton. Here is a recipe I tried, with a little tweaking, from fatfree.com. This has a little bite, but we really enjoyed it. You could top it with pound cake croutons for a really decadent treat! You want to come up with 4 cups of diced peaches. The original recipe called for 12 peaches, but I found that to be way too many for 4 cups. Use the size of your peaches as your guide. Cook time is chill time. I added the splenda because I did not feel it was sweet enough. Feel free to adjust that to your taste.
- 8 medium sized peaches
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- Peel and chunk the peaches. (I put mine in boiling water briefly to make removing the skins easier.).
- In a blender, blend 1 1/2 cups of peaches with 3/4 cup of the cold water, both tablespoons of honey, the juice of that 1/2 lemon, and 1/2 cup of the yogurt. Blend it well and put it in a pitcher or bowl.
- Now add to the blender another 1 1/2 cup of the peaches, the cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla, and the remaining 1/2 cup yogurt. Blend well.
- Add to the first mix already in the pitcher or bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of peach chunks to the bowl or pitcher along with the splenda.
- Blend with a spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Enjoyed the way you put together the 'cream' in this recipe, & the addition of the Splenda was just right for me! Did use a rounded 4 cup measure of diced peaches, but everything else was as listed! GREAT, GREAT TASTING SOUP! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC cooking game]