Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Inspired by an already fantastic recipe by Graybert. This is my ultimate healthy version.
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, any kind you like
- Cut orange into pieces.
- Put the WHOLE orange (in pieces) orange juice, egg and applesauce into blender.
- Blend or process until smooth.
- Add flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, blend or process.
- Add raisins and nuts, blend or process just until mixed.
- Pour into 9 x 9 square pan, lightly greased, and bake at 375° in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- Check at 30 minutes to see if it is cooked.
- Cut into squares and enjoy this, or the original#32086.
This was pretty good! It is alittle dense though. I only pureed the first step. The next step I used a spoon to mix the flour mixture. Also I used trail mix(raisins, almond, peanuts, sunflower seed etc) in replace of the raisins and peanuts. Thanks for the recipe!
I liked this but DH says too bitter. I think it would be better if the white part of the orange was cut off. It was too thick for my blender so By the time the flour and raisins were to be added I had to mix by hand, I think a food processor would be better to mix in. I baked for 40 min in a glass 8X8" pyrex dish at 350°