Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (8 ounce) cans low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- hot pepper sauce
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, warm the oil.
- Add peppers, onions garlic, oregano and cumin.
- Saute' until vegetables are tender, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, beans and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Stir the sauce into the hot macaroni.
- Top each serving with cheddar cheese.
my 17 month old and I both loved this recipe!
This dish was extra good! My husband and I both loved it. Goes good with my diet plan and was easy and quick. Instead of first three ingred. and 2 cans tom. sauce, I used one can diced tomatoes with green chiles, the cumin and oregano and 1 T. olive oil w/garlic & chiles. Yum! babaxter