Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From "Good Morning America's Cut the Calories Cookbook". This is a FAT FREE meringue treat that anyone can enjoy!
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line two baking sheets with baking parchment and set aside.
- Beat egg whites and salt in small bowl at high electric-mixer speed until frothy.
- With mixer still at high speed, add sugar gradually and continue beating until meringue peaks stiffly (about 4 minutes).
- Beat in vanilla, then by hand fold in lemon zest.
- Drop meringue from rounded teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2-inches apart.
- Set in oven, immediately turn oven off, and let cookies remain in the oven for 2 hours (you can leave them in overnight) Peel meringue off parchment and store in airtight container.
Just what I was looking for. As far as taste these are perfect! But mine didn't dry all the way through useing this method.
Thank you for this wonderful and simple version of lemon meringue "kisses". These were just right, and they are kosher for Passover as well!