Low Fat Lemon Meringue Cookies
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line two baking sheets with baking parchment and set aside.
- Beat egg whites and salt in small bowl at high electric-mixer speed until frothy.
- With mixer still at high speed, add sugar gradually and continue beating until meringue peaks stiffly (about 4 minutes).
- Beat in vanilla, then by hand fold in lemon zest.
- Drop meringue from rounded teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2-inches apart.
- Set in oven, immediately turn oven off, and let cookies remain in the oven for 2 hours (you can leave them in overnight) Peel meringue off parchment and store in airtight container.