Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
FUN to make with the kids, true! As one fills, the other rolls too! Many hands make light work they say! Hope this low fat recipe makes your day!
- 8 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces fat free parmesan
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup basil
- 1⁄8 cup parsley
- 1⁄8 cup oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- COOK lasagna noodles and drain; no need to include salt if keep stirring.
- Cut noodles in half length-wise and let sit for a couple of minutes for easier handling.
- In bowl, COMBINE ricotta, egg, parmesan, basil, oregano, parsley and pepper; adjust seasoning to your tastes --- can include garlic if desired.
- Place 3/4 cups of pasta sauce in baking pan.
- With cooled noodle, place above mixture on top to cover all of the noodle (About 3 teaspoons).
- Roll from closest end to you and place upward into baking pan.
- Complete process with rest of noodles and top with rest of pasta sauce; add mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in 180 F oven for about 15 minutes covered with al foil.
- Remove al foil and bake for an additional 20 - 25 minutes until lightly brown on top.
- NOTE: I served on bed of rocket, tomatoes, and feta.
These are tasty and low fat! I made these to freeze and take with us in the motorhome. They are easy to re-heat and go well with a sautÃ©ed chicken breast.
These were very good. I followed the recipe as written, with the exception of using whole wheat lasagna noodles, an egg substitute for the egg, and adding a layer of ground turkey under the roll ups. I seasond the meat with some of the fresh basil, oregano and and a bit of garlic. I served the rollups with some cherry tomatoes in a garlic balsamic vinagrette.