Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 8 Japanese eggplants, sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 8 shitake mushrooms, dried, rehydrated and sliced (or cloud ears)
- to taste green onion, sliced (for garnish)
- to taste cilantro (for garnish)
- In large bowl, toss eggplant with oil.
- Heat wok or large skillet on high until just smoking.
- Add eggplant, stir for 2 minutes, add garlic. Cover wok and lower heat to medium high. Let eggplant steam for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until eggplant is light brown.
- In large cup, combine soy, vinegar, stock, hot sauce and cornstarch.
- Add peppers, ginger and mushrooms to wok and cook for 5 minutes until eggplant is tender.
- Reduce heat to medium, stir in liquid ingredients and stir until thick.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro