Low-Fat Hot and Sour Szechwan Eggplant
- In large bowl, toss eggplant with oil.
- Heat wok or large skillet on high until just smoking.
- Add eggplant, stir for 2 minutes, add garlic. Cover wok and lower heat to medium high. Let eggplant steam for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until eggplant is light brown.
- In large cup, combine soy, vinegar, stock, hot sauce and cornstarch.
- Add peppers, ginger and mushrooms to wok and cook for 5 minutes until eggplant is tender.
- Reduce heat to medium, stir in liquid ingredients and stir until thick.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro