Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious fat-free, low-calorie dessert. I have ate this all my life and just adapted it to be fat-free with the cake and whipped topping.....Fat-free, but not taste-free;)
- 1 angel food cake (store-bought will do)
- 8 ounces fat-free whipped topping
- 16 ounces strawberry glaze
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- Cut cake in half, horizontally.
- Place top half back into container it came in.
- Spread half of the glaze onto it.
- Cut up and spread 1/2 of the strawberries on the glaze.
- Then spread 1/2 of the whipped topping on this.
- Repeat by placing other 1/2 of cake on this and spread glaze, rest of strawberries and whipped topping to this.
This is not low fat! 414 calories is very high for strawberry shortcake....it might be good but its the equivalent of 8-9 ww points!
This was very good and easy to make. However, I think next time I will only use half of the glaze. Thanks for the recipe