Recipe by Kimke
Okay--don't get grossed out. This is SUCH a GREAT recipe. No one will know it has cottage cheese in it. And it doesn't darken like other guacamoles do! Adapted from Moosewood Low-fat favorites
Top Review by Jujubegirl
This sounds weird but it's great! Very fast to put together, very flavorful, and much lower in fat and calories than the typical guacamole. I added fresh cilantro before pureeing, and added chopped tomatoes afterward. Those things just suit my personal taste and make it crave-worthy!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2⁄3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon green onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the avocado in half and scoop out the flesh.
- In a food processor, combine the avocado, cottage cheese, lime juice, green onions, jalapeño and garlic.
- Purée until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or chill.
- Serve with raw veggies or tortilla chips.