Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm always looking for low-fat recipes and recently discovered this one on the web. The recipe suggests cooking on a grill but it can also be prepared using your broiler. Just marinate chicken breast halves as directed. Place chicken on broiler pan. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, turning once. Sprinkle with pepper. Assemble salads as directed.
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
- 10 ounces mixed salad greens (abt 8 cups)
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- Heat the grill.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine jam, vinegar, honey and oil; mix well.
- Reserve ¼ cup for dressing the salad.
- Add chicken breast halves to remaining mixture; toss to coat.
- Let stand at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes to marinade.
- When ready to grill, remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
- Place chicken on gas grill over medium heat, or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, turning once.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine mixed greens with the reserved ¼ cup dressing; toss to coat.
- Arrange on individual serving plates.
- Cut each chicken breast half crosswise into slices; do not separate slices.
- Arrange 1 chicken breast half on each salad, fanning slices. Garnish with raspberries.