Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a nice recipe I make if I am alone for lunch. Serve it over freshly cooked noodles or spaghetti.Adapted from the Gulf News cook book. I have added a lot of veges like corn, peppers, etc. to this with good results.
- 100 g fresh button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded leek
- 1 sliced tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 -3 drops soy sauce, to taste
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon cilantro, to taste
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese or 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- Heat oven to 250°C.
- Slice the mushrooms and place on a foil sheet.
- Sprinkle the oregano and leek over the mushrooms.
- Place the tomato slices on top.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper, parsley and the soya sauce on top.
- Fold the foil to secure the filling and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve over the noodles and sprinkle the cheese over.
This was nice and I think it would be a really lovely side dish with roasted or grilled meat. I made a mistake and tried to guess at what Farnheit temp. and was wrong. It was not cooked nearly enough. So I put it back in more foil and turned the heat up to cook it longer. (And when I tried to convert the recipe to US sizes it told me to use 2-3 CUPS soy sauce. Luckily I realized that could not be right!!) I had it with wassa crackers, but think it would be great over brown rice. Thanks, Fay!