Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this one in the Dallas Morning News and want to keep. I love Alfredo Sauce but way too high-fat for me to eat so I want to give this a try
- 16 ounces fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Return to pot and toss with oil.
- Add sour cram, milk, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, pepper and garlic to pasta.
- Cook over low heat until thick and bubbling, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot.