Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This was handed down from my step-dads VERY ENGLISH family. I have adapted it for my diabetic mother and it is just as good.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups skim milk
- 10 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- In Dutch oven combine 1 cup water and 1 cup rice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add 5 cups milk and raisins.
- Cover and lower heat to simmering.
- Simmer for about 1 1/2 hours until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Best eaten chilled.
This rice pudding was not very good. It was very gummy. And way too much cinnamon!!
This is the best rice pudding recipe. It is creamy and sweet. Very good hot or cold. And...bonus...for those of us on Weight Watchers it only has 2 pts per serving! Thank you for sharing this recipe.