Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These chicken wings are a family favourite - as the name suggests - crispy
- 236.59 ml self raising flour
- 4.92 ml onion salt
- 4.92 ml chicken salt
- 9.85 ml lemon pepper
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml dried herbs
- 2 kg chicken wings
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Prepare the chicken wings by taking off the tip and cutting them in half at the joint (this does not have to be done, but I always do my wings this way).
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large plastic bag.
- Spray the wings with oil.
- Add about a third of them to the flour mixture and shake until well coated.
- Place on prepared baking trays.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Spray chicken with oil again.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until crisp and cooked through.
- Serve with fries or salad.
Great wings!! I couldn't find chicken salt so I subbed in garlic salt instead and used Mrs. Dash Italian seasoning for the dried herbs. Baked at 425 for about 40 minutes. These really do end up being quite crispy. I also added a touch more cayenne pepper which I think worked out really well. Yum! Thanks Sonya!