Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make it vegan by substituting the egg white for egg substitute.
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons light smart balance margarine
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Combine filling ingredients and place in a small baking dish.
- Mix crust ingredients until just blended.
- Scoop and dot over blueberries.
- Bake at 400°F until browned.
This was delicious. I used frozen blueberries (had some that had been in the freezer for a while & wanted to use them, plus fresh ones are still expensive this time of year) and if I were to use frozen again I would add some flour to the berries to absorb some of the extra liquid. I would also add a little salt (maybe 1/4 tsp) to the topping. Otherwise followed the recipe but used regular A-P flour and butter instead of margarine (softened in the microwave for 15 seconds). Almost forgot - I baked for 30 minutes and used a 1qt dish. Thanks for sharing!