Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups mashed bananas
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried apricot
- Sift together first 3 ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, blend oil, sugar, and applesauce.
- Beat egg whites.
- Beat egg whites and mashed bananas into oil mixture.
- Add sifted ingredients in 3 parts, beating slightly after each addition just until mixed.
- Fold in chopped apricots.
- Spray loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray and lightly flour.
- Bake at 350 F about 1 hour.
- Excellent with Lemon Yogurt Sauce.
I made these into muffins - and they are seriously the best banana bread I've ever had! Wonderful texture.
This is excellent! I had everything prepped and ready to mix when I opened my applesauce to find it moldy! I ended up using prune puree in place of the applesauce. That produced a nice loaf that was on the less sweet side. I suspect that applesauce will make it even sweeter and I think I'd like it a little bit more that way. That said, it was excellent. Nice with some berry cream cheese! You're biting into this very tasty banana bread and then you get the surprise of lovely little bites of super sweet apricots. Very nice. Thanks so much!