Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was adapted from Elise.com. I suggest using WaterMelon's reduced fat baking mix (Low Fat Bisquick Substitute). Thanks, WaterMelon.
- 2 1⁄3 cups baking mix, divided
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 apple, cored, peeled, and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Grease one 9" round pan or one 8" square pan.
- Mix 2 cups baking mix, milk, sugar, and egg.
- Spread batter in pan. Insert apple slices evenly through the batter.
- Mix 1/3 cup baking mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Spread over batter in pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown, testing with a toothpick.