Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
For a reduced fat sauce this is pretty darn good! Add in some cooked broccoli or peas if desired, serve this over cooked pasta, fettuccine work well with this! .
Top Review by Twiggyann
I didn't like this sauce at all. The flavor was flat and it was obviously a knock off of a cream sauce. To me, there was no similarity to Alfredo sauce. This is definitely not a recipe I will make again.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups nonfat milk or 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons flour (for a thinner sauce use 3 tablespoons)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (can use more)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet heat oil over medium heat; add in onion and saute for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned; add in the garlic and chili flakes the last 2 minutes of cooking (the onions must be lightly browned!).
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan whisk/stir together milk, chicken broth, flour and black pepper over low heat until smooth, thickened and heated though.
- Add the the onion/garlic mixture to the prepared sauce; mix until heated through.
- Add/mix in Parmesan cheese and season with salt if desired.
- Serve over cooked pasta.