- 1 lb diet lean ground sirloin, browned, rinsed and drained, pat dry
- 1 medium onion, chopped and included in meat during browning
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 red bell pepper, diced finely
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 (12 ounce) cans low-sodium tomato sauce
- 4 (8 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown meat with onions until onions are transparent and tender and meat is done. Rinse with water, drain and pat dry. Place in dutch oven. Add remaining ingredients plus enough water to achieve desired thickness. Allow to simmer stirring occasionally for at least 3 hours. Do not add salt to pot, just to individual bowls per personal taste.
- This chili can be made as a vegetarian dish easily by leaving the beef out.