Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is such a delicious way to fix chicken! Great for summer time dinners, or anytime for that matter :). Hopefully you enjoy it!
- To grill, skin chicken breasts and rub in pepper to taste.
- Blend basil, olive oil, butter, garlic and parmesan cheese at low speed using an electric blender, chopper or processor till smooth.
- Baste chicken lightly with mixture.
- Grill over medium coals basting during cooking time with basil sauce.
- During this time add the rosemary branches to coals for added smoke flavor.
- Do this 2 or 3 times.
- Grill 10 minutes each side depending on barbecue temperature.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve this grilled chicken recipe with rice or Italian pasta.
Had some unexpected guests for lunch today and this was a wonderful, quick recipe that everyone loved. I had eight chicken breast halves and should have doubled the marinade recipe, but it was still excellent! Thanks for posting!
5/14/09 I have to agree with a couple of the Reviews.. The ingredients sounded fabulous.. as one person said.. "what's not to love" but when grilled the ingredients lost a lot of their flavour and the chicken DID toughen a little bit. I think maybe the Parmesan cheese was the issue. Next time I will take it out as the other ingredients stand well, alone.