Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so creamy, cheesey & yummy! I'm on the South Beach diet and this is what I came up with when I found some salmon in my pantry. This is for one individual serving. I hope you low carbers enjoy this. This recipe would also be good as a topping on fish.
- 3 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) packagestar kist canned salmon
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Smart Balance butter spread
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper
- Put cream cheese and margarine in glass bowl and put in microwave about 30-40 seconds to soften.
- Add salmon, green onions, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Mix these ingredients well.
- Pour mixture into a ramikin sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Top with Cheese.
- Bake at 350 about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the ingredients are bubbly.
I have made this dish several times but have always forgotten to review it. It is a really good basic recipe that everyone can adapt to their own tastes. I gave it 4 stars because the taste was delicious but it was very rich and seemed more like a dip or a filling for vol au vents or quiche. I felt it needed something more substantial with it. The 2nd time I served it on a bed of sliced sauteed zucchini, mainly because I need to up my veggie intake. 3rd time was served on a bed of sauteed shredded carrots and leeks. This week I'm going to use this recipe as a topping for lightly cooked brocoli and cauli florets adding a few crispy french fried onions on the top before it goes into the oven. I am anticipating it will be very yummy. I shall also try this as a stuffing for mushrooms, or in zucchini boats, or in mini muffin sized pastry appetizers, or of course as a dip for veggie sticks. Thanks Melissa for such a yummy and versatile recipe.