Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
Adapted from the popular low carb "bowl muffins" this is a perfect weekend breakfast treat. Be careful of which whey protein powder you use as the carb counts vary widely amongst the brands. Pumpkin Pie, caramel, Maple and Walnut SF syrups all would work well with the pumpkin flavor.
- 3 tablespoons whey protein powder, vanilla flavored
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener, Splenda preferred
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree, canned
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free caramel syrup, Divinci
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients except butter whisking to form a smooth batter.
- Melt butter and pour slowly into the batter whisking to evenly distribute the butter.
- Pour batter into preheated waffle maker. Note: this recipe makes one large belgian style waffle.
- Follow waffle maker's instructions, cooking until crisp and browned. Note: found that cooking on medium heat until "sizzling" slows resulted in a perfect waffle.