Recipe by Hippie2MARS
I love a good marinara with meatballs, but I'm watching my carbs, and every recipe I found for meatballs had cracker crumbs, bread crumbs, oatmeal, etc as an ingredient. I played around with different ideas and finally found a winner with this!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash onion and herb seasoning
- 1 (3/4 ounce) packetgood seasons garlic & herb salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all ingredients by hand.
- Form into walnut-sized balls and place into large, lidded skillet.
- Brown over medium heat, turning to brown evenly (watch carefuly because the cheese will start to melt and ooze out).
- At this point add your marinara (or other sauce), cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.