Recipe by jshorton
This is from Dana Carpender's book 500 Low-Carb Recipes. I need to know the full nutrition count, so I'm posting it here. Also- I made it as stated and would probably reduce by one egg next time. The oil is included as an ingredient, so I wasn't sure whether to put it in the mix or just use it for frying. I ended up mixing it in with the rest. This can be served with sugar-free syrup, fruit, or natural peanut butter (my personal favorite!)
Top Review by lil_laura_bean
Wow! with absolutely no idea what to expect I tried this out, its wonderful! Its the perfect low carb substitution for french toast! we tried it with peanut butter on it but next time I will totally try the syrup, or maybe both!
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8 x 8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients together, and pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cut into quarters.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, and fry the four pieces until they're brown on both sides. Serve with your favorite topping.