Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A good on-the-go breakfast. I use Herbamare for the seasoned salt. I use silicone baking cups to make these, and I do not have to grease them. However, if you are using a traditional muffin tin, you will need to grease the tin. This is based on a recipe in the South Beach Diet book.
- 10 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 scallions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cooked sausage, ham or 1⁄2 cup bacon
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Beat together eggs, milk, and seasoning salt.
- Grease muffin tin.
- Evenly divide scallions, cheese, and meat between the muffin cups.
- Pour the egg mixture over the other ingredients in the muffin cups,.
- filling the cups 2/3 of the way up - do not fill up all the way to the top of the muffin cup.
- Bake at 375º for 25 to 35 minutes until the muffins have risen in the cups and are slightly browned.
- You can keep these in the fridge for up to a week. To reaheat, microwave on high for 30 seconds to a minute (it usually only takes 30 seconds).
- You can freeze these, but it will change the texture.