Recipe by Nana Lee
Karen's Gourmet Low-Carb Recipes By Karen Barnaby Another of her recipes. I love macaroons, and these ARE delicious! Prep time requires 1 hour sitting time to blend flavors.
Top Review by sueka
These cookies are great. The only thing I did differently was to put the dough into a zip lock and squeeze it into mounds on a silicone baking sheet. That was only out of laziness. It worked pretty well. I did have to do a little shaping with clean fingers. I will definitely be making these again.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free hazelnut syrup or 4 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F. .
- Combine the coconut, syrup or Splenda, whipping cream and vanilla.
- Let sit for one hour.
- Stir in the cream cheese until blended, then the egg. Mix well.
- Stir in the macadamia nuts and lemon rind.
- Drop by level tablespoons, into macaroon shaped mounds, on a parchment lined cookie sheet, 2-inches apart.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes, until tops are lightly speckled with brown.
- Total carbohydrates (with macadamia nuts): 26.8 Per cookie: 1.34
- Total carbohydrates (without macadamia nuts): 22.2 Per cookie: 1.11.