Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great recipe if you are craving cookies or chocolate, but on a low carb diet.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄8 cup Splenda brown sugar blend (if you substitute any other kind-double it. Splenda brown sugar is halved.)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 8 ounces hersey's sugar-free chocolate chips
- Mix butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix flour, soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the sugar mixture a small amount at a time alternating with the cream.
- Once all ingredients are in, add the chocolate chips.
- Drop small spoonfuls on a cookie sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown at 375 degrees.
I totally love these cookies but you can't find sugar free chocolate chips here in my neck of the Canadian woods. Thank heavens for trips across the border and The Low Carb Grocery Store in Toronto....they ship!!!
these are good warm. I had to add more liquid to them then called for, tho. I am going to add some chopped walnuts to them next time.(I know, it increases the carbs) I think I will jack it up a notch and use half white flour and half whole wheat also. They are the best whole wheat version of a cookie I have tried.