Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
for us who like cabbage rolls but are low carbing it. its very good
Make and share this Low Carb Cabbage Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large green cabbage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage (casings removed)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- preheat oven to 350.
- core cabbage, and place in salted boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes drain and let cool slightly.
- in a bowl mix well all the filling ingredients.
- In a large baking pan bigger than 9x13 if possible, place cabbage leaves in single layer (use ones that are broken or to small ) this will act as a bed for the rolls).
- stuff the cabbage leaves with the filling and assemble the rolls.
- place the rolls on the cabbage layer.
- make the sauce by combining all ingridents in a bowl , try to brake up large pieces of tomato stir well then pour on top of cabbage rolls. place more cabbage leaves on top of the rolls.
- Cover tightly with heavy duty foil bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours.