Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
for us who like cabbage rolls but are low carbing it. its very good
Make and share this Low Carb Cabbage Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large green cabbage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage (casings removed)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- preheat oven to 350.
- core cabbage, and place in salted boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes drain and let cool slightly.
- in a bowl mix well all the filling ingredients.
- In a large baking pan bigger than 9x13 if possible, place cabbage leaves in single layer (use ones that are broken or to small ) this will act as a bed for the rolls).
- stuff the cabbage leaves with the filling and assemble the rolls.
- place the rolls on the cabbage layer.
- make the sauce by combining all ingridents in a bowl , try to brake up large pieces of tomato stir well then pour on top of cabbage rolls. place more cabbage leaves on top of the rolls.
- Cover tightly with heavy duty foil bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours.