Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Low Carb Examiner.
Top Review by justmefromthenorth
These are not gluten free. Lindt dark chocolate contains malt (made from barley). The only chocolate that lindt makes that is gluten free is white chocolate, Celiacs beware!
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (1 packet)
- 2 tablespoons davincis sugar-free vanilla syrup
- 2 lindt 80% dark chocolate squares (buy in candy bar)
- 1 tablespoon davincis sugar-free vanilla syrup
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (2 small packets)
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whip egg whites with cream of tartar until peaks are stiff (about 5 minutes).
- In separate bowl, blend cream cheese, yolks, baking powder and davincis sugar free syrup. Adding half of the yolk batter at a time to the whites and using a tall spoon (I use an iced tea spoon), make a lazy sine wave through the batter once. Turn the bowl 90 degrees and repeat. Add second half of the yolk mix and repeat sine wave two more times.
- Place in ungreased, nonstick angel food miniature cake pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove pans from oven and let cool on a cooling rack. Makes 4 crullers.
- Nutritional information without glaze/with glaze (glaze will easily coat 6-8 crullers):.
- Calories: 218/273, Carbohydrates: 2/1, Fiber: 0/1, Net Carbohydrates: 2/3, Protein: 7.5 grams/ 8 grams, Fat: 18 grams/ 24 grams.
- Chocolate Glaze:.
- 2 Lindt 80% dark chocolate squares (buy in candy bar).
- 1 Tbsp davincis vanilla sugar free syrup.
- 2 small packets Splenda.
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream.
- 2 Tbsp butter.
- In a microwavable bowl, combine ingredients. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well. Dip tops of crullers into mixture. Drizzle any remaining mixture to fill bare spots. Let crullers rest on cooling rack until glaze has set.
- Will coat 6-8 crullers, and can be used for other purposes.
- This does dry to a shiny glaze.
- Keep unused portions and completes recipes in cooler temperatures.
- Nutritional information for entire chocolate glaze recipe:.
- Calories: 349, Carbohydrates: 5, Fiber: 2, Net Carbohydrates: 3, Protein: 3, Fat: 36.