Recipe by Lampshade Lembcke
My husband L-O-V-E-S these cookies, but in the original form of Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies. I decided to revamp them and see what I could come up with. I haven't made these yet, but have the modified recipe in mind. So if you are daring....try these, let me know if you would alter them in any way.
- 709.77 ml carob chips
- 177.44 ml almond butter
- 78.07 ml Splenda sugar substitute, brown
- 29.58 ml half-and-half
- 236.59 ml almond flour
- 118.29 ml flax seed meal
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml shortening
- 78.07 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Beat butter and almond butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup Splenda granulated sugar and Splenda brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, half-and-half, and vanilla; beat well. Stir together almond flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into almond butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in Splenda granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press carob chocolate chips into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.