Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love strawberries and this is an excellent dessert to serve in any special ocassion. Recipe from my Mr. Food Cookbook. Enjoy it.
- 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package ladyfingers
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- Prepare vanilla pudding according to the package directions, using the skim milk, and set aside to cool.
- Set aside 8 small strawberries for garnish and chill until serving time. Hull and slice the remaining strawberries.
- In a medium bowl, combine them with the sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Arrange the lady fingers split in half, in the bottom and sides of a 2-1/2 quart glass serving bowl. Pour the sliced strawberries over the lady fingers.
- Stir the remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla extract into the pudding and pour this mixture over the strawberries.
- Spread the whipped topping over the pudding. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- Just before serving, cut in 8 slices and garnish with the 8 reserved whole strawberries and the toasted sliced almonds on top. Mmmm -- it is sooo -- good.!
- Calories: 162, Calories from Fat: 36, Carbohydrates: 2 g, Cholesterol: 217 mg.