Recipe by jolan
Low calorie dessert with lots of crunch.
Top Review by ray0513
although this recipe needs some refinement, i am amazed that this cookie comes out nutritionally great. each cookie is less than 20 mill. of sodium, 1 or grams in good fat, and thats it.
the numgers change as to how many biscotti per recipe but its just nice to see a cookie that fits into almost diet. i made this today, with all white flour, and the cookies are ok but some parts of the recips needs refinement. i am going to try adding another egg when i make this recipe and try brown sugar and let you know what how they come out.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon natural-style peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour and baking powder.Stir in chocolate chips.
- In another medium bowl beat with electric mixer, beat sugar, peanut butter and vanilla until frothy, about 2 minutes. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture. Stir just until moistened and dough forms. Shape the dough into a 13- by 3- inch log on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake log 30 minutes and set aside for 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 300 degrees.
- Cut warm log crosswise on a slight diagonal into 1/2 inch thick slices, about an inch apart on baking sheet and return to oven for 12-15 minutes. Biscotti with be crisp when cooled.