Recipe by Vino Girl
Please allow a couple of hours for the dough to chill. From Taste of Home (October/November 1998)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat oil, molasses, 1/4 cup sugar and egg.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in another bowl; add to molasses mixture and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Shape into 1 inch balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set and surface cracks.
- Remove from pan and cool thoroughly on wire racks.