Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
revised low cal oven baked potatoes
- 2 tablespoons corn oil margarine
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1 cup de-fatted chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced (8 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 ounces 20% reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon corn oil margarine
- 1⁄2 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons of the margrine in a skillet. Add the flour and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Do not brown.
- Add chicken stock and milk and using a wire whisk, stir the mixture over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Add the salt, garlic powder, pepper and chicken and continue to cook for one minute more.
- Spray a large baking dish with non-stick vegetable coating.
- Mix together the soup mixture, potatoes, onion, pepper, cheese and light sour cream. Spread in baking dish.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of margrine in a skillet. Mix with the bread crumbs and sprinkle over the potatoe mixture.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour .