Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fancy variation of my German family's party toasts. It will wow your guest and your wallet will still love you since this will not brake the bank
- toast toasting bread light golden brown and let cool on baking rack.
- saute finely chopped onions in some butter until glassy.
- ad chopped mushrooms, ham and spices.saute until all has a nice golden brown color.
- ad just enough whipping cream to make a very thick creamy topping (approximately 1/4 cup, maybe a little less) and cook until some of the cream has reduced.
- spoon mixture onto toast.
- top with cheese.
- pre heat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melting and just lightly golden brown. Take care not to burn cheese.
- let toast cool off for 2-4 minutes and serve with a green salad.