- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- add salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in large pan till soft.
- Add carrot and celery and cook a few minutes, then add beef and saute on higher heat for about 8 minutes.
- Add parsley, basil and tomatoes and cook until sauce gets thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top off with romano cheese.
- Optional- sometimes I add just a touch of jar marinara sauce at the end to give it a saucier consistency.