Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Elvis loved peanut butter on his burger--this burger has peanut butter mixed in with the ground beef, which gives the burger moisture and a subtle nutty flavor. These taste excellent with a coarse ground mustard for condiment.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, grated
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- olive oil, for the pan
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, peanut butter, butter, onion, egg and bread crumbs and knead with your hands until well combined.
- Make patties about 4 inches wide and ¾ inch thick. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours to allow the patties to set and the flavors to meld.
- Grill the burger on an outdoor grill for best results, or fry in a skillet with a small amount of olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked inside.
- Serve with lettuce and tomato on a bun.
These burgers are truly unique and tasty. I didn't my children that I used peanut butter in this recipe and they still liked them. I will definitely use this recipe again. Thank you for sharing it!