1/3 Photos of Love and Hugs Cookies- Sugar Cookies
A nice plain cookie. We use 1 inch hearts and circle cutters......but you can use any shapes you like. Either ice with a plain icing or sprinkle with icing sugar (confectioners sugar). We like to do some of each.Based on a recipe from my daughters children's cookbook "Fairy Cooking"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 g butter, softened (4oz)
- 150 g caster sugar (6oz)
- 2 egg yolks
- 9.85 ml honey
- 4.92 ml vanilla essence
- 19.71 ml milk
- 200 g plain flour (8oz)
- 50 g cornstarch aka cornflour (2oz)
Plain sugar icing
- 1.Preheat your oven to 180°C 350F and line two baking trays with a quality baking paper.
- 2Place the softened butter and the sugar into a large bowl and beat them with a wooden spoon, until the look creamy.
- 3Add the egg yolks and beat them inches.
- 4Stir in the honey, vanilla essence and the milk.
- 5Sift in the flour and cornflour. Mix everything with the wooden spoon.
- 6Use your hands to squeeze the mixture into a ball of dough. If it is too dry add a few drops of milk. If it is too wet- add in a little more sifted flour.
- 7Sprinkle a little flour onto your bench.
- 8Roll out the dough until it is about 5mm or 1/4 inch thick.
- 9Use the cutters to cut out shapes and place them onto the baking trays.
- 10You can reroll hte scraps to cut more cookies.
- 11Bake 8 to 10 minutes and then leave them on the trays to cool.
- 12You can dust the cooled cookies with a sprinkling of icing sugar or ice if desired. WE like to do some of each.
- 13A simple icing- mix icing ingredients together and spread with a knif over the cookies. The icing will harden as it sets.
- 14Store cookies in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Love and Hugs Cookies- Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.1
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 29.7 mg
- Sodium 30.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g