- 1 1⁄2 gallons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 lb pork shoulder, cut into large chunk
- 6 Chinese mushrooms, presoak
- 12 pieces fried tofu
- 1 lb fresh lotus root, cut into 1/4 inch rings
- 1 lb napa cabbage, sliced in half and lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- In an 8 quart stockpot add chicken stock, ginger, onion, pork and mushrooms bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and remove anything that floats. After 30 minutes remove the pork pieces onto a plate and set aside until needed.
- Add in the tofu and lotus root and simmer for 60 minutes and return the soup back to a broil add in the cabbage and pork and turn off the heat. Ready to serve.