Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
It tastes like sunshine.
- 12 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 lb frozen italian-cut green beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1 cup Spanish olives, pitted
- 1 cup pepperoncini pepper, stems removed
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook green beans tender-crisp, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Cook pasta per package directions.
- Drop garlic and lemon zest into a running food processor.
- Stop the processor and add salt, pepper, oregano, parsley and olive oil.
- Pulse chop.
- Add capers and briefly pulse chop.
- Combine pasta, tomatoes, green beans, olives, and peperoncini.
- Pour dressing over pasta and toss well.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Let stand for 1 hour before serving at room temperature.
This is an excellent tasting and beautiful salad. Just right for hot weather. Thank you very much for sharing it with us. I need to add that I used all of the ingredients in the amounts listed (but scaled), except the pepperoncini peppers, which I couldn't locate. If I can find them, I will definitely use them, too. Oh, I did use plain white bowtie pasta, which I don't think changed the flavor of the salad, and still looked very good.
Wow was this good! I brought it to work for a birthday party and everybody loved it. The only thing I did different was to add some feta cheese and some artichoke hearts. I loved the dressing in this salad.