This spicy-sweet celebration of autumnal harvest comes from the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. While this recipe is written in an old-fashioned way, it is perfectly safe if processed using modern methods. If you are unfamiliar with these modern methods, please go to http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_home.html for the current information.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover apples with water and boil until soft.
- 2Press through a sieve or food mill to remove skins and seeds.
- 3Bring cider to a boil, add apple pulp and sugar; cook until thickened, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- 4Add spices and cook an additional 20 minutes.
- 5Fill sterilized jars and seal in a boiling water bath.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lotwerick - Moselem Springs Apple Butter
Serving Size: 1 (6023 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1230.4
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 320.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.8 g
- Sugars 295.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g