Recipe by mickeydownunder
We are all inspired what we see and read, true! I made this Fanouropita Cake (also spelled Phanouropita) with a bit of a twist too! SOURCE: What's On The List http://www.whatsonthelist NOTE: I have slightly altered the recipe to include sugar and icing sugar. Based on my food lifestyle, I use Xylitol and Sugarless Icing Mix
- all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nut oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice, no preservatives, no added sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla powder (original recipe calls for 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- icing sugar
- butter, and flour for coating pan
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk together sifted flour, mixed spice and xylitol.
- Add orange juice, oil and vanilla; stir to combine.
- Batter will be very thick, but would suggest you taste and if you think the batter is “way” too thick, than add a little bit more orange juice.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350F).
- In a spring form pan, butter and flour (like Grandma used to do lol); shaking excess flour from the pan too!
- Add batter to spring form pan.
- Bake until golden brown and skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; let cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove spring form and continue to fully cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar and ENJOY!