Recipe by PickyEater
Here's another Sangria option to add to the already robust lineup. My friend Lori from Cleveland passed this one along to me a number of years back. After the wine is gone, try munching on the remaining oranges and apples. Cheers!
- 2 oranges
- 2 lemons
- 2 (750 ml) bottles Burgundy wine or 2 (750 ml) bottlesother red wine
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 1 apple
- 1 (28 ounce) bottle carbonated water, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill 1 orange and 1 lemon to use as garnish.
- Combine juices from second orange and second lemon with wine and sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Before serving, divide into 2 large pitchers.
- Cut chilled orange and apple into wedges, and slice chilled lemon.
- Divide fruit and add to pitchers of wine mixture.
- Stir with wooden spoon and gradually add carbonated water.
- Leave the spoon in the pitcher and mix well just before serving.