Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another goodie from Isabel Allende's book Aphrodite.
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 cup mushroom, brown, chopped
- 1 cup portabella mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh, grated
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, fresh, grated
- Warm the stock, then remove from heat.
- Put 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet and saute the onion, garlic, brown and portobello mushrooms. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet put the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter and lightly brown the rice.
- Gradually add rosemary, nutmeg and 2.5 cups of the stock. Cook over low heat stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Return mushrooms to skillet. Pour in remaining broth and cook 10 minutes more.
- When rice is tender, not dry, add the wine and truffle oil and cook a few minutes more.
- Add salt if desired.
- Remove from heat.
- Add grated cheese and serve warm.
Wonderful! Even though the ingredients call for "4 T butter" yet only 2 T are used per the directions. For the vegetable stock, I used recipe #135453. This is overall fabulous, even according to my picky DH! Thanks, CookieCutter! Made for My Three Chefs.